Pagina's

The Faceless Man




It was the year 2007. It was a time of no sorrows. The world was at my feet: I dreamt about sailing the seven seas on a huge pirate ship, about time travelling and solving cases with Sherlock Holmes.

One night, however, it all changed. That night I met the faceless man.

He was the guy I rushed by, chasing professor Moriarty. He was the man in the shadows, watching me protecting the weak. He stood on the cliffs when I was searching for mermaids.... He was always too far away to see his face, but I recognized the smell of death.

That night I had enough of it. He was hiding behind a tree again. So, I ran towards him and asked why he was always following me. He fled, so I tackled him.

I turned him over and removed the long black hair from his face. I stared at a huge dark spot. His whole face was litteraly gone! Not a single hint of what once could have been eyes, nose or lips to discover. Only one huge black hole.

The guy freed himself and ran off.

The next time I saw him, the girl I loved, had died the next morning.

Whenever I now dream of the faceless man, I know Death is at my door. He stands there whenever one of my rabbits dies. He stood there the night grandpa died. He waked me a few seconds before dad collapsed and died in my mother's arms.



Is he the Angel of Death or is he Death himself?





(Image found at: ectoplasmicpotato.deviantart.com)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten